Saturday, October 24, 2009

Call to Prayer at Sunset

Last Thursday, on the way to see Rheumatologist, my cab driver dropped me off on the wrong street.  A friendly Arab guy gave me directions to where I needed to be, saying I was only five minutes away.  25 minutes later I reached my destination.  But along the way I was in prime location for the Call to Prayer that resounds 5 times a day everyday, being amplified from mosques all around the country.  So I took out my cell phone, and this is what I got.  I tried my best to not look like a tourist, just walking and pretending I was texting.  But I stop a couple times to catch the mosque on my right.  Enjoy!


(I believe he's singing something along the lines of "God is Great; there's is no God but God, and Mohammed is his messenger..." and so on.)

No comments:

Post a Comment